I was inspired by the ones from American Apparel which are from £4.50-£7- a lot of money for something so easy to make.
Photo from American Apparel
Here's how I did it:
I love the shiny purple one but its that annoying fabric that sheds everywhere. Looks like I have glittery purple dandruff. The black one though works fine!
I prefer scrunchies to hairbands because:
- They are easy and quick to make
- They reduce breakage because they are softer and don't snag
- You can put your hair up wet without breakage
- You can create some very big, voluminous messy buns you wouldnt be able to achieve with bands
- Adds an 80s/90s twist to your outfit and takes you down memory lane
- Easier to find in your bag
- If you turn up a skirt, dress, trousers etc. you can make one from the excess material to match your outfit- my scrunchie always used to match my dress when I was little ha
- A lot more interesting than a plain old hairband
What do you think? Would you wear a scrunchie?
Thanks for reading :)