Sunday 16 June 2013

DIY American Apparel inspired scrunchies

Sunday afternoons were made for making scrunchies. I had so much fun making these and they are so quick and easy to make. 
I was inspired by the ones from American Apparel which are from £4.50-£7- a lot of money for something so easy to make. 

Photo from American Apparel

Here's how I did it:


I love the shiny purple one but its that annoying fabric that sheds everywhere. Looks like I have glittery purple dandruff. The black one though works fine!
I prefer scrunchies to hairbands because:
  1. They are easy and quick to make
  2. They reduce breakage because they are softer and don't snag
  3. You can put your hair up wet without breakage
  4. You can create some very big, voluminous messy buns you wouldnt be able to achieve with bands
  5. Adds an 80s/90s twist to your outfit and takes you down memory lane
  6. Easier to find in your bag
  7. If you turn up a skirt, dress, trousers etc. you can make one from the excess material to match your outfit- my scrunchie always used to match my dress when I was little ha
  8. A lot more interesting than a plain old hairband
What do you think? Would you wear a scrunchie?
Thanks for reading :)
♥ twitter  instagram  bloglovin  

No comments:

Post a Comment