Wednesday 28 August 2013

Alexander Wang for Balenciaga Autumn Ready to Wear

(photos from style.com)

Alexander Wang became the creative director of Balenciaga earlier this year. I especially love these pieces from his Autumn ready to wear collection. I love all the textures especially the camo style puffy jackets which give a nod towards the military trend. I was really intrigued by the cracked concrete style tops which are a knit which has been painted. This reminded me of Maison Martin Margiela's previous work. 

I think clashing textures is going to be huge this Autumn/Winter - I'm going to be mixing leather, fur, fluffy knits, lace etc. I'm going to do a few posts on winter's trends because I've been struggling to know what to buy in this transitional period. Hopefully that will get me inspired. Can't wait for cold weather now! Summer is well and truly over.
Hope everyone's well, thanks for reading! 
twitter  instagram ♥ tumblr  bloglovin  

No comments:

Post a Comment