Monday 29 April 2013

DIY Vintage Lilac Jumpsuit

Hello!
I have been meaning to do this post for so long, because I have finally finished altering my vintage handmade jumpsuit i got from a charity shop. This beauty cost me £3 from a charity shop and I discovered it was handmade and hand sewn and finished in some parts. Although it was huge and kinda ridiculous I couldn't leave it, and its shoulder pads, behind! 
So this is what it looked like before I changed it: (awful photo in many ways, sorry!)



And here's what it looked like after:









Breezie wanted to join in



 (LOL)

(watch - Marc by Marc Jacobs, heels - Office sale, ring - craft fayre)

Here's what I did:
  1. Removed shoulder pads and moved shoulders inwards
  2. Tightened waist elastic
  3. Took legs in and rolled up
  4. Changed buttons from light blue (?) to lilac 
  5. Rolled up sleeves


I love this jumpsuit so much!! I think it would work on a night out with heels or in the day with white low converse. 
I think I love the scallop detail along the pockets and the neckline the most.

Let me know what you think, and I hope you like how the blog is shaping out so far. 
I bought a vintage size 16 dress today for my next project. Cant wait to do something with it :)

Follow me @marniejg on Twitter and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment